Photo Gallery 3 Images
DONALD, Ore. – A man is accused of crashing into a school bus full of children and then driving away in Marion County.
Marion County Sheriff’s Office deputies said the crash happened around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Butteville and Ehlen roads just north of Donald.
Deputies said a black SUV driven by Arnoldo Guevara, 40, turned in front of a truck driven by Timothy Brown, 49.
They said the truck hit the SUV at about 55 miles per hour, causing it to spin and crash into the front of a North Marion School District school bus that was waiting to turn at a stop sign.
Deputies said Guevara then drove off in the SUV, but they found fresh tire tracks in a gravel driveway at a nearby home. He was taken into custody at the home and is facing charges of failure to perform duties of a driver when property is damaged and failure to perform duties of a driver to injured persons.
The bus driver, Robin Martin, 48, and four children said they experienced pain after the crash, but no one else was hurt and no one was taken to the hospital. Another bus arrived to take the children to school.
- Driver arrested after hit and run crash with school bus in Marion County
- One arrested in Marion County for making school threat
- Eugene Police searching for driver involved in hit & run crash
- Driver flees after crashing into North Bend school bus
- Police search for hit-and-run driver
- Troopers identify children killed in Marion County crash
- Escaped Marion County inmate found in home, arrested again
- Marion County deputy arrested on theft, misconduct charges
- Arrested Marion County deputy accused of stealing shotguns
- Marion County scales back curbside recycling