Photo Gallery 2 Images
CLACKAMAS, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say the driver of a truck died after the truck hit a propane tank outside Portland, catching fire.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports the driver of a Franz Bakery truck hit the tank Monday afternoon near the company's distribution center in Clackamas. Authorities are investigating whether he intentionally drove into the tank.
The crash set off at least an explosion and a fire that torched at least two other trucks and damaged a building, according to Brandon Paxton, a Clackamas Fire District 1 spokesman.
The man's name has not been released.
- Driver dies when truck hits propane tank
- Barn housing propane tanks goes up in flames
- Highway 126 back open after propane truck crash
- Driver cited after train hits semi truck in Eugene
- Umpqua Community College educates future truck drivers
- Abandoned RVs costing tow truck drivers thousands
- Albany man accused of assaulting people with propane torch
- Truck crashes into ditch after hitting bear
- School bus hit by truck in Lebanon
- St. Vincent de Paul delivery truck driver dies in crash near Oakridge