DEXTER, Ore. -- A car drove away after running a driver off of Highway 58 near Dexter, sending one person to the hospital Sunday afternoon.
Oregon State Police said a white sedan was driving westbound down Highway 58 near Williamson Lane when it attempted to pass a car in the eastbound lane.
A 50-year-old driver who was traveling eastbound was forced to swerve out of the sedan's way and went into a ditch. The driver was sent to the hospital, officials said.
The white sedan did not stop after the car crashed, according to authorities. Nothing more is known about the car or its driver.
- Driver hospitalized after being run off Highway 58
- Landslide closes Highway 58 near Oakridge
- ODOT allows drivers on Highway 58 to get to and from Oakridge
- Highway 58 opens as crews continue clearing roads
- Crews work to clear landslides from Highway 58
- Highway 58 opens as crews continue to clear landslide debris
- Eugene man dies in two-vehicle crash on Highway 58
- Eugene man dies in crash on Highway 58
- Child killed in two-vehicle crash on Highway 58 near Oakridge
- Crews work to clear Highway 58 near Lowell after winter storm