EUGENE, Ore. -- Police said 37-year-old Andrew Dingwall of Walton was arrested and taken to the hospital after a crash late Saturday night.
According to police, Dingwall crashed his four-door Lexus in a yard on the northwest corner of Lorane Highway and Washington Street. They say the car went through a wooden fence and into an unoccupied camp trailer. They say it also damaged an RV parking area.
"I stayed home to get away from trouble and then trouble came to my neighborhood," said a witness, who asked to remain anonymous.
Shortly after police say Dingwall crashed into a yard, they say a woman reported a man got into the passenger side of her SUV while she was in it and grabbed her.
According to police, she was able to get free and out of the vehicle and the suspect drove off in it.
The vehicle failed to negotiate a turn and drove through shrubbery and off an embankment, where it rolled several times in the 2800 block of Washington Street.
Officers located it and Dingwall. They say he was conscious but injured. They say he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
"This town has just gone way downhill and it's something I've been saying for this last year," the witness said. "It's terrible this stuff happens, but it's been happening every day now."
Dingwall was charged with DUII, Reckless Driving, Harassment, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Unlawful Use of a Vehicle.
- Driver identified in car hijacking, rollover crash in Eugene
- Driver not injured in rollover crash in Eugene
- Drivers injured after car crash in Eugene
- Driver charged in rollover accident
- Police identify bicyclist killed in Eugene crash
- Two pedestrians injured in Eugene crash identified
- Police identify drivers involved in Thursday crash
- Driver hospitalized after rollover crash on I-5 near Cottage Grove
- Car lands in field in rollover crash in Springfield
- Car crashes into Amazon Creek in Eugene