DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. - Oregon State Police are investigating a fatal crash on Highway 38 Saturday afternoon.
Troopers said the call came in at 4:47 p.m. to a single-vehicle crash on Highway 38 near milepost 14.
Investigators said Candelario Rincon-Hamm, 18, was driving westbound in a silver Honda Civic when it left the roadway for unknown reasons.
The Civic collided into a tree, rolled multiple times down a 100-foot embankment, and overturned in the North Umpqua River.
OSP said Rincon-Hamm suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said they are looking at fatigue and weather conditions as possible contributing factors of the crash.
They are still determining if Rincon-Hamm was wearing his seatbelt.
- Driver killed after car crashed into tree and overturned in North Umpqua River
- Umpqua Community College educates future truck drivers
- North Umpqua Unified brings students together
- Driver hospitalized after crashing onto a tree
- Three Dutch workers killed in car crash north of Salem
- Deputies search for missing woman on North Umpqua Trail
- Crash kills driver in Linn County
- Pedestrian, driver identified in fatal River Road crash
- Toppled trees block section of McKenzie River
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Car crashes into tree in Eugene