SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- The below freezing temperatures are making for some slick roads and employees at a Springfield tire center say it's also making for a busy weekend.
The Manager of the Les Schwab Tire Center off of Harlow Road said Saturday morning, they had seven drivers in line to get winter tires before they opened.
He said winter tires have a better grip on roads, so you can brake quicker. He said the ability to stop is one of the biggest concerns for drivers.
"The hills tend to play the more dangerous roles, but mostly, even in just traffic driving, the braking at stoplights, and stop signs, allowing enough time to do that," said Mike Kinney, Manager at Les Schwab.
He also said to keep more distance between cars than usual, so you don't slide into the one in front of you.
- Drivers prepare for icy roads
- Icy roads prompt school delays
- Tips for driving safely on icy roads
- Icy roads may cancel Springfield schools
- Icy roads expected for Tuesday morning commute
- Icy road causes two crashes in Springfield
- Concerns over icy conditions
- Lebanon teen dies in crash on icy road outside Scio
- Crews predict icy commutes Friday morning
- Crews prepare for summer road construction projects