EUGENE, Ore. -- A video posted on social media shows Duck fans throwing objects at Stanford Cardinal players as they were entering the locker rooms after the game.
Chantel Jennings with The Athletic tweeted the video after the Ducks overtime loss on Saturday.
Kelly McIver, a spokesperson with the University of Oregon Police Department, said there were 37 recorded ejections at the game and four arrests. He said those numbers are not extreme and are pretty comparable to other home games against Stanford.
The last time Stanford visited was back in November 2016 when they recorded 33 ejections and made eight arrests.
KEZI reached out to the University of Oregon Athletics Department. Staff said the prevalence of ejections and alcohol-related incidents through the first three weeks is down from the first three games last year.
They said this season they more than tripled the amount of alcohol monitors in the stadium compared to last year. Alcohol is now being sold in Autzen Stadium for the first time.
Saturday's game was not only the first Pac-12 game of the year, it was also highly anticipated because ESPN's College GameDay visited the UO campus to start the excitement.
Marco Lucas, a student who attended Saturday’s game, said it was unlike any other game he's attended.
"People started tailgating very early, so by the time the game was there, the adrenaline was super high, people were pumped up for this game,” Lucas said. “The whole atmosphere, it was the perfect atmosphere to be in such a game like this. You had a bunch of Stanford fans in town as well, so that just added more to the rivalry."
- Video shows Duck fans throwing objects at Cardinal players
- Ducks fans react to women's loss
- Duck fans and students excited about new football coach
- Duck fans watch Las Vegas Bowl at local restaurants
- Ducks fan: 'Unfortunately, winning brings on bad behavior sometimes'
- Driver arrested in crash that killed former Ducks player
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash
- USC women's hoops player: Oregon St fans used racial slurs
- OSU fan punished for directing derogatory comments toward USC player
- Beavers fall to Cardinal, 83-60 at home