EUGENE, Ore. -- The Rose Bowl is three weeks away, and some Oregon Duck fans are preparing to make the journey to Southern California to watch the game.
However, the main challenge is figuring out how to get to and from Pasadena. For many University of Oregon students, it's too expensive to make the journey.
Sophomore Lauren Roensch said she would love to go support her school, but she can't afford paying $165 for a game ticket.
"Season tickets are free for students during the regular season," Roensch said. "It's upsetting because it's like we've finally made it to the Rose Bowl again, so it would be nice if we could get free tickets because who knows when we will go again."
But if you are thinking about heading down to Pasadena, here are some tips from Premier Travel Agency to get the best bang for your buck:
- Book airline tickets as soon as possible: Because the game is during the holidays, there is no day during the week where fights are cheapest. If you see something, buy it before it's gone.
- Fly into an alternative airport: Look into flying into airports such as Long Beach, Burbank, Ontario, or even San Diego. There might be better prices instead of flying into the Los Angeles International Airport.
- Stay at a hotel near an airport
- Drivers, leave a day early: Weather could change fast; assume the mountain passes might close.
- Plan for traffic: Los Angeles is congested, and on game day, the City of Pasadena estimates 1 million people will visit for the parade and game, so give yourself extra time to get anywhere in the region.