Eugene, Ore. -- Former Oregon director of recruiting Stephen Field appears to be on the move again, shortly after leaving the Ducks for a similar position at Louisville. This time, it's to Coral Gables to take a position as tight ends coach at the University of Miami. The news was first reported by footballscoop.com and later 247sports.com.
Field was an integral part of the Ducks no. 1 recruiting class in the Pac-12 in 2019, helping head coach Mario Cristobal bring a top 10 class nationally to Eugene. Following the season and the appointment of Scott Satterfield to Louisville, Field, along with former Oregon linebackers coach Cort Dennison took jobs with the Cardinals. Dennison remains at UL, where he was given the co-defensive coordinator position.
Field coached at Miami Northwestern as well as Miami Central, two local high schools in the area, and hails from South Florida. He also helps fill out a brand new Hurricanes offensive staff. UM head coach Mark Richt announced his resignation shortly after national early signing day, which led to a whirlwind that led to defensive coordinator Manny Diaz taking the top job. Diaz then cleaned house on the offensive side of the ball, clearing the way for Field to join the program.
The Director of Recruiting and Linebackers coach spots at Oregon remain vacant, as Cristobal and the rest of his staff prepare for the January signing day.
- Ducks former football assistant headed to Miami, by way of Louisville
- Ducks name Gamble head lax coach
- Ducks football sees decline in attendance
- Mario Cristobal expected to be named permanent head football coach for Ducks
- Duck fans and students excited about new football coach
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Baseball Ducks get special teammate
- Ducks hockey on the rise
- Gary Andersen out as Beavs head football coach