EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon softball hopes to continue its stellar play as they're set to take on Houston in the Houston Tournament on Friday.
It's the first of four games for Oregon in the showcase.
The Ducks began the season with five straight wins in the Puerto Vallarta College Challenge.
"It feels good," head coach Melyssa Lombardi said. "It feels good to go into your first weekend and come out with five wins. It showed us we still have a lot of things to work on. It's still early. But to fill the depth off our bench, to fill a healthy team, to fill a roster. All of that feels good."
Oregon only allowed one run over the five-game span.
"I think we were all getting a little bit tired of practice," catcher Terra McGowan said. "We've been working really hard. It was just exciting. I didn't have any nerves or jitters. I just wanted to play for them."
First pitch is set for 1:30 p.m. on Friday from Houston, Texas.
- Ducks primed for Houston Tournament
- Ducks baseball primed for Loyola Marymount series (2/26/19)
- Ducks take Pac-12 crown, advance to NCAA Tournament
- Pac-12 tournament merchandise now being sold at The Duck Store
- Fans in Eugene cheering on Ducks in NCAA tournament
- Oregon basketball beats Houston 78-66
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Ducks begin preseason practice
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Ducks introduce Moorhead