UPDATE: West 11th Avenue opened back up just before 6 a.m. Thursday following a fatal accident Wednesday night.
EUGENE, Ore- Eugene Police closed a section of West 11th Avenue Wednesday night into Thursday morning to investigate a fatal crash between a vehicle and a bicycle.
Eugene-Springfield Fire and EMS responded to the crash at 11:40 p.m. on Wednesday on West 11th Avenue just east of Greenhill Road.
Police said the accident involved a male driver, age 63, who they said called 911 to report the crash. The female bicyclist, age 36, was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to investigators, the driver was in a Toyota Scion traveling east on W. 11th just passing Greenhill Road when the crash happened.
The Eugene Police Major Collision Investigation team reported to the scene to investigate.
At last check, West 11th was closed between Greenhill and Beltline. This is a developing story. Check back for an update on when the road reopens.
- EPD investigates fatal crash involving bicyclist on West 11th Ave.
- Bicyclist in the hospital after crash involving pickup truck
- EPD honors Officer Chris Kilcullen
- Police identify bicyclist killed in Eugene crash
- Salem bicyclist dies after car crash
- Bicyclist escapes car crash with minor injuries
- EPD promotes free car seat clinic
- EPD offers tips to prevent bike theft
- EPD recruits teen volunteers for Safety Town
- EPD addresses issues with response times