UPDATE: Police said the suspect has been taken into custody.
Officers said Mark Gaskins was walking in the middle of traffic at Highway 99 and West 5th Avenue. They arrested him around 12:15 p.m. Monday without incident.
Police said Gaskins was acquainted with the victim. They said the victim has serious injuries but is expected to survive.
During the search, residents in the area said it was concerning.
Theresa Richardson, a resident in that neighborhood, said it made her feel "uneasy." She said it made her feel like she "couldn't go outside and [had] to be on higher alert."
Richardson said she even tried to warn her neighbors.
Gaskins is being held at the Lane County Jail on charges of assault and burglary.
EUGENE, Ore. – Eugene police are attempting to locate a man suspected of in being involved in a stabbing.
Police say that stabbing occurred just before 8 a.m. on the 4600 block of Barger Drive in Eugene.
The suspect has been identified as Mark Gaskins, age 58, approximately 5’10”, 240 lbs., and is said to have fled on foot following the incident. Gaskins is a white male and was last seen wearing pajama pants and one shoe.
If you see him, police say you should not try to contact him. Call 911 immediately.
This is a developing story.
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- 2 suspects arrested in connection to stabbings in Eugene
- Police search for stabbing suspects in Eugene
- Man arrested after stabbing in Eugene
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Suspect identified in stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- Portland murder suspect arrested in Eugene
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- Suspects arrested after shooting in Eugene neighborhood