EUGENE, Ore. -- Police are urging residents to protect their home this holiday season.
With many families hitting the road and traveling out of town, thieves are looking for signs that you're not home.
EPD Crime Prevention Specialist Debbie Janecek shares tips on how to keep your home safe during the holidays.
Watch the video above to learn how to avoid becoming a victim.
There are more tips on the Eugene Police Department website. Homeowners can also learn how you can take advantage of the department's free home vacation checks.
- EPD urges homeowners to protect their home this holiday season
- EPD honors Officer Chris Kilcullen
- Police urge people to shop safely this holiday season
- EPD promotes free car seat clinic
- EPD offers tips to prevent bike theft
- EPD recruits teen volunteers for Safety Town
- EPD addresses issues with response times
- City hires an Interim Executive Police Director for EPD
- EPD: Take precautions when at an ATM, avoid scams
- EPD to start taking applications for Eugene Safety Town