EUGENE, Ore. -- ESPN College GameDay has officially made its way back to Eugene.
The No. 20 Oregon Ducks will take on the No. 7 Stanford Cardinal this Saturday at 5 p.m. in Autzen Stadium.
The ESPN College GameDay show will start at 6 a.m. sharp but fans will be camping out all night long.
This is ESPN’s 10th visit to Eugene since 2000. That last time they came to the University of Oregon was in 2014 when they also faced Stanford.
Travis Kim, a senior at the University of Oregon, said GameDay could not have come at a better time.
"I mean everyone’s already talking about it," Kim said. "People are just planning so far ahead. We got breakfast in the morning we're going to cook it all up and I’m just so excited for the atmosphere that’s going to be created by these celebrities and you know that experience."
The show's presence has usually meant good things for the Ducks. Oregon is 7-2 in games at Autzen following this show.
Judi Weiss, the senior operations producer for GameDay, said ESPN crews had to show up earlier than normal to set up.
“Normally we come on Wednesdays at about one 1 p.m., but for this specific location we came in yesterday at about 8 a.m. because with the new construction that’s going on, on campus, we had to come in and do a mini resurvey of the area and our new parking location for the trucks,” Weiss said.
There will be another addition to College GameDay. This year a Pizza Hut location will be on site.
- UO prepares for College GameDay to come to Eugene
- ESPN College GameDay at the UO
- UO Police to help maintain safe environment at GameDay
- Tyler Hilinski honored at ESPN's College Gameday Saturday
- Dandelions Flowers prepares for UO graduation ceremonies
- UO football player arrested
- UO student with cerebral palsy runs in Eugene Half Marathon
- Eugene Police preparing for Eugene Marathon
- UO unanimously approves Nike sponsorship
- Businesses prepare for the Eugene Marathon