SEATTLE, Wash. (AP) -- The U.S. Geological Survey reports that a 4.6 magnitude earthquake has rattled the Three Lakes area of Washington state.
That was followed minutes later by a 3.5 magnitude aftershock near the city of Monroe, some 30 miles northeast of Seattle.
The initial temblor was recorded at 2:51 a.m. Friday.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
- Earthquake rattles Washington state, followed by aftershock
- Aftershock: Most homeowners policies don't cover earthquakes
- Washington state ends death penalty
- Earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- Earthquake strikes off Reedsport coast
- Small earthquake hits Oregon's coast
- Another earthquake hits Southern California
- Washington State QB Tyler Hilinski found dead
- Rare tornado damages homes in Washington state
- Washington state lawmaker's comments raise concerns