BANDON, Ore. (AP) -- A magnitude 5.3 earthquake was recorded about 150 miles off the Oregon coast.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake at 8 a.m. Wednesday was about 152 miles west-northwest of Bandon. It had a depth of more than 8.5 miles.
Authorities say the temblor was likely too far offshore for it to be felt on land.
- Earthquake recorded off Oregon coast
- Earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- Small earthquake hits Oregon's coast
- Numerous earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- 6.3 magnitude earthquake strikes off Oregon Coast
- 3 earthquakes strike off Oregon coast
- Magnitude 4.5 earthquake shakes southern Oregon coast
- Earthquake strikes off Reedsport coast
- Small earthquake hits Pacific Ocean off coast of Oregon
- Earthquakes off Oregon Coast no cause for alarm, experts say