EUGENE, Ore. -- The eastbound lanes of I-105 near Coburg Road reopened shortly after midnight Wednesday after a person was struck and killed earlier that night.
Investigators believe the person had been hit by multiple vehicles, and they are working to piece together what happened.
At about 8:45 p.m. Tuesday, Eugene police received multiple 911 calls about a person lying in the roadway on eastbound I-105 near the Coburg Road overpass. Police and fire officials responded and found a person who had been struck and killed.
The name of the person who died is not known and the Lane County medical examiner is trying to determine the person's identity.
Police are looking for additional witnesses to the crash and are asking people with information about what happened to contact Officer Matt Saylo at 541-682-5154, extension 1211.
- Police seek witnesses to fatal I-105 crash
- Cars located in fatal I-105 crash
- Police identify 17-year-old killed on I-105
- Construction work continues on I-105
- Motorcyclist dies in I-5 crash; police seeking witnesses
- Crash backs up traffic on I-105 in Eugene
- Driver arrested in five-vehicle crash that shut down I-105
- Son of woman killed in I-105 crash speaks out
- Burglary suspect killed in I-105 crash in Eugene
- I-105 traffic changes, lane closures start Monday