EUGENE, Ore. -- The Eugene community had an opportunity to see the city’s final plans for renovations at the Echo Hollow Community Pool Wednesday night.
The public presentation outlined what the community can expect after the year-long construction project is complete.
Eugene Parks and Recreation held a preliminary information session back in March of this year to get community feedback on what they drafted. The plan that was presented Wednesday was a curation of the March feedback, responses from an online survey and what city officials wanted.
Eugene resident Jules Degiulio was pleased with what the city brought to the table.
“I think this is a significant improvement over from what we have. It's about time,” Deguilio said. “I think given the trade-offs that come in a project this size, I think the city has done a pretty darn good job.”
The presentation showed new renovations to the indoor pool like adding fans to create better air circulation in the building.
The outdoor pool will expand to 10 eight-foot-wide lanes in the 25-yard direction and nine seven-foot-wide lanes in the 25-meter direction. The outdoor pool will also now have the capacity to host water polo games.
The new recreation pool will have a waterslide, a place for water basketball and volleyball, and a designated area for food trucks.
Echo Hollow pool will close Feb. 21, 2020, but that following Monday, Amazon pool will open for the remainder of winter and spring for use.
This renovation is made possible by a $39 million bond and a $3 million levy passed by voters in May of 2018.
- Echo Hollow pool to close for renovations in February
- Eugene asking for input on Echo Hollow Pool renovation plans
- Fox Hollow Road closed through Friday
- Wasco County sheriff orders evacuation as Long Hollow Fire grows
- Officials: Long Hollow Fire containment level on the rise
- Campbell Community Center undergoing renovations
- How to make sure your Amazon Echo doesn't send secret recordings
- Wading pool in Eugene scheduled to reopen
- Willamalane lifeguards rescue elderly man from pool
- Amazon is investigating alleged child labor law violations at a Foxconn facility that makes Echoes and Kindles