CORVALLIS, Ore. -- If you want to explore edible gardening opportunities, you can join a tour next month to learn more.
During the Aug. 3 tour, you’ll take an 11-mile bike ride to meet some of the farmers who grow food for the community. The tour will start at the southeast corner of the Benton County Fairgrounds at 9 a.m.
Sponsors said not only do the edible garden tours teach you more about growing fresh food, gardening is also good exercise.
On Wednesday, the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition and Bountiful Backyard put on the eighth annual tour, which allowed participants to check out three gardens.
- Edible gardening tour set in Corvallis
- Corvallis launches interactive map for rose garden
- Tickets on sale for BRING's Home & Garden Tour
- Corvallis Fire Department Structure Burn Set for Monday
- Corvallis woman accused of setting fires near illegal campsites
- Doctors warn parents about marijuana edibles this Halloween
- In The Garden: "Drink Up Your Garden"
- In the Garden: Gardening on a budget
- In The Garden: 2018 gardening trends
- In The Garden: Creating a Mediterranean garden