EUGENE, Ore. – A new Egan Warming Center in Springfield is being announced by St. Vincent de Paul.
The new Springfield site will be in The Memorial Building, 765 A Street, across from the Springfield Post Office.
Also new this year is a women-only site at Episcopal Church of the Resurrection in Eugene.
New volunteer orientation and training sessions are scheduled for community members who are 18-years-old or older.
Training sessions are planned for the following dates and times:
- Saturday, Oct. 26, 2:30 p.m., Memorial Building, 765 A St., Springfield
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, noon, Bascom-Tykeson Room, Eugene Public Library, Downtown Eugene
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, 7 p.m., Temple Beth Israel, 1175 East 29th Avenue, Eugene
Additional orientation and training sessions will be scheduled throughout the winter. Check for updates at www.eganwarmingcenter.com
Egan Warming Center Sites for 2019-2020:
- First United Methodist Church (youth site), 376 Olive Street, Eugene;
- Episcopal Church of the Resurrection (women-only), 3925 Hilyard Street, Eugene;
- Central Lutheran Church, 1857 Potter Street, Eugene;
- Lane Community College, 4000 E. 30th Ave., Bldg. 4, Room 104, Eugene;
- Springfield Memorial Building, 765 A Street, Springfield;
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 1300 Pearl Street, Eugene;
- Temple Beth Israel, 1175 East 29th Ave., Eugene;
- Trinity United Methodist Church, 440 Maxwell Road, Eugene;
- Valley Covenant Church, 3636 West 18th Ave., Eugene.
- Egan Warming Center announces Springfield location
- Egan Warming Center finds new Springfield location
- Egan Warming Center in desperate need of sites in Springfield
- Egan Warming Center calls for more volunteers
- Another cold snap triggers Egan Warming Center
- Egan Warming Center director steps down
- Egan warming centers to activate Wednesday
- Egan warming centers to activate tonight
- Egan Warming Center to activate its centers Monday night
- Structural damage forces Egan Warming Center to move from Springfield site