SALEM, Ore. -- The Department of Human Services will issue emergency benefits to SNAP recipients starting Dec. 11.
Total benefits will be different on each household's regular monthly allotment for the month of December. The new maximum benefits for each household are:
- Household size of 1: $204
- Household size of 2: $374
- Household size of 3: $535
- Household size of 4: $680
- Household size of 5: $807
- Household size of 6: $969
- Household size of 7: $1,071
- Household size of 8: $1,224
- Each additional person: $153
These additional benefits are only for families who aren't receiving the maximum amount. SNAP recipients do not have to do anything to receive the additional benefits as they will be directly placed on their Oregon EBT cards.
A second release of emergency supplements will take place on Dec. 31 for anyone who began receiving SNAP benefits after Dec. 11. Households only receive one allotment.
For more information you can visit the SNAP benefit website.