EUGENE, Ore. -- Springfield police have found and arrested a 15-year-old boy who escaped from the John Serbu Youth Campus over a week ago.
KEZI 9 News first reported his escape last week.
Police said they located the teen at a homeless camp near 30th Street and Commercial Avenue on Thursday morning.
Officials said he also had methamphetamine in his possession.
The teen escaped Sept. 9 after officials said he stole an ID badge and climbed onto the roof.
He was previously convicted of burglary and theft charges.
The teen has been transferred to a state-run youth detention facility.
- Escaped teen caught by Springfield police
- Springfield police seek answers about Serbu escape
- Police suspect LSD contributed to death of Springfield teen
- Search for missing Springfield teen continues
- Springfield teen arrested after threatening Snapchat post
- Drone blamed for Springfield fire caught incident on camera
- Deputies: Springfield teen shot other teen while recording video
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device
- Teen escapes from Lane County Juvenile Justice Center
- Springfield teen battles leukemia for the third time