Eugene, Ore. -- An employee at Holt Elementary School in Eugene is on leave after being accused of sexual harassment.
A spokesperson with the 4J School District said they're investigating allegations that the staff member engaged in unprofessional behavior including the alleged sexual harassment of fellow staff members.
Kerry Delf said there is no alleged harassment against students.
Delf said the district takes complaints of unprofessional conduct and sexual harassment very seriously and they've hired an independent investigator to look into the matter.
Delf said the investigation is underway and the district can't comment on the specifics of the allegations or the investigation.
She said the district holds all district staff members to a high standard of conduct and employees are expected to maintain a professional and respectful workplace, refrain from inappropriate conduct and avoid any behavior which could be interpreted as sexual harassment.
Delf said any employees who have concerns about unprofessional conduct or harassment should report their concerns so they can be addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Holt Elementary employee facing sexual harassment allegations
- Holt Elementary honors heroes during Military Appreciation Day
- Holt Elementary teachers ask for answers, results of investigation
- Facebook will no longer force employees to resolve sexual harassment claims in arbitration
- Former Portland mayor accused of sexual harassment
- Oregon Legislature to release sexual harassment records
- Holt International announces merger with Seattle agency
- Second state senator accuses Sen. Kruse of sexual harassment