EUGENE, Ore. -- While students still have a few days left of summer break, teachers and school staff are already back on the job.
Gustavo Balderas, superintendent of Eugene School District 4J, welcomed them back at South Eugene High School.
The idea was to get staff together to share information and for a little inspiration.
Teachers told KEZI 9 News they’re excited to get going.
“Music and band and choir and theatrical stuff,” said Karen Ramirez, vice principal at Kennedy Middle School. "So that’s what I’m really excited about ... getting all those opportunities for students to do some fun things."
Students in the district head back to class Wednesday.
- Eugene 4J rally welcomes staff to new school year
- 4J school district welcomes new campus for a new school year
- Eugene 4J School Board approves new fall schedules
- Student enrollment on the rise for Eugene School District 4J
- 4J submits drawings for new North Eugene High School
- Eugene teachers rally for fully-funded schools
- Eugene School District will not replace "Immigrants Welcome" signs
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- 4J District releases new proposed school schedules
- 4J school bond passes in midterm election