EUGENE, Ore. – The Eugene Family YMCA needs your help.
The organization is in the third week of their back to school drive where they are collecting backpacks and other school supplies for local foster kids.
The drive goes until August 18th.
They accept items like pens, notebooks, backpacks, and gifts of money.
“To see the kids come and the excitement in their face getting a brand new backpack, we know that back to school can be an exciting time for kids and for those local kids in foster care that have a little more uncertainty, being able to have something that is all their own and new and fresh and helps them fit in with their peers is definitely a great thing to see,” said Kimberly Miller, the Director of Health and Wellness for the Eugene Family YMCA.
You can drop off the supplies in one of the YMCA’s collection boxes.
- Eugene Family YMCA holds school supply drive
- Anonymous donor gives $100,000 to Eugene YMCA
- Eugene YMCA CEO camps out on roof
- YMCA holds their annual Silent Saturday
- GOP walkout threatens funding for new YMCA building in Eugene
- South Douglas County YMCA to hold water safety day
- Eugene family starts donation drive to help wildfire victims
- Woman donates year supply of diapers to Eugene Mission
- Garage fire displaces Eugene family
- Eugene school district holds public forum on new funding