EUGENE, Ore. - The holidays got a little bit easier Friday for the Eugene Mission, thanks to KEZI'S Ultimate ThanksGIVEaway charity shopping expedition.
KEZI teamed up with Safeway for the event.
The news station donated $500 which Safeway matched.
Representatives from the Eugene Mission then hit the isles to get food to help them serve hundreds of meals per day.
"The Eugene Mission serves about 900 meals per day, so donations like this are really what we need," said one representative.
Once all the groceries were checked out, the grand total came to $1,095.
Safeway generously covered the extra 95 dollars.
A spokesperson from the store said this was the kind of opportunity they didn't have to think about.
- Eugene Mission benefits from the Ultimate ThanksGIVEaway
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- Relief Nursery receives donation after ThanksGIVEaway food drive
- Mission accomplished: Eugene Mission finds home for resident
- Eugene Mission kitchen opens for Thanksgiving
- The Eugene mission needs diapers donated
- Eugene Mission offers new veterans’ program
- Eugene Mission receives hundreds of new coats
- Eugene Mission serves Christmas dinner for hundreds
- Handwritten letter inspires hope at Eugene Mission