EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene Police are investigating what they call a suspicious death that happened Wednesday night.
Police responded to the 1000 block of Pearl Street around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. Officers found a subject down on a sidewalk located near a parking garage between 10th and 11th avenues.
Paramedics responded, treating the victim. KEZI 9 News crews on scene saw a white sheet, which typically means a body is being covered. But law enforcement officials did not say whether the victim died on scene or at the hospital.
Officers continued collecting evidence until around 3 a.m. Thursday morning.
The deceased individual has not yet been identified. The Eugene Police Department said it's waiting for the medical examiner to determine how the person died. If you have any information about this suspicious death, call Eugene Police at 541-682-5166.
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene
- Police continue to investigate suspicious death in downtown Eugene
- Suspicious death in downtown Eugene now a homicide investigation
- Deputies investigate suspicious death in Albany
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device
- Authorities are investigating a suspicious death north of Salem
- Police investigating suspicious death on Portland bike trail