EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene police officer resigned earlier this year while under investigation by internal affairs for having sex while on duty.
According to a document filed with the Eugene Police Auditor's office, on April 24, a woman reached out to the auditor’s office claiming she was having sexual relations with an unnamed officer at his home and in public while he was on duty. The woman also claimed the officer intended to have another relationship with a woman he was investigating as a suspect in a domestic violence case.
The document states Eugene police Internal Affairs investigated the officer for six different allegations of policy violations.
Investigators alleged the officer used his position for personal gain to divert routine patrol work so that he could engage in personal, romantic relationships.
It is alleged that the officer released confidential information to the woman without a legitimate criminal justice purpose and that the officer engaged in sexual activity in or in view of a public place. Investigators also alleged he lied to administrators, and he neglected his duty.
Documents state the officer resigned during the investigation which is now labeled as completed.
We reached out to Eugene Police Chief Chris Skinner about the case. Eugene Police Department spokeswoman Melinda McLaughlin declined our request, saying it happened before Chief Skinner was sworn in and called it a personnel matter.
McLaughlin said because the officer resigned before the investigation was completed, full facts are not known.
KEZI 9 News has filed a public information request with the department and the auditor's office to learn more about the investigation.
- Eugene police officer resigned after allegedly having sex on duty
- Eugene man allegedly rear-ends detective
- Eugene police meet 10-year-old officer
- Eugene Police confirm officer-involved shooting
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- Eugene Springfield fire chief resigns unexpectedly
- Eugene man arrested for allegedly threatening a security guard
- Eugene man arrested in North Bend for allegedly stealing car
- Off-duty Salem police officer arrested on meth and theft charges
- Sunriver police chief accused of striking officer resigns