EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene church music ministry leader was arrested Tuesday on child pornography charges, the FBI said.
FBI agents and Eugene police arrested Edward Samuel Thompson, 38, at his Eugene home after they served a federal search warrant.
Documents filed in Federal Court state Thompson is a convicted felon and registered sex offender.
A public record search found a man with the same name and age was convicted of first-degree sexual assault in 1995 in Malheur County and served 6-and-a-half years in prison.
Thompson is a longtime member of Christ Fellowship Church in Eugene, where he is a music ministry leader. He also plays on a volleyball team at the Eugene Faith Center, where he was once a member.
KEZI 9 News reached out to church leaders at Christ Fellowship Church to learn more about Thompson's role but did not hear back.
The FBI said parents who have children who have come in contact with Thompson should let them know that Thompson has been arrested for inappropriate behavior and if he did or said anything inappropriate, they should let their parents know.
If a child was a victim or a witness, the FBI said parents should contact Eugene Police Detective Chris Mackey at 541-682-51-75 or call the FBI at 541-343-5222.
Thompson has been charged with accessing, receiving, possessing and distributing child pornography and is being held at the Springfield Municipal Jail. He is expected to be back in court Monday.
Warning: The following documents contain graphic information.
- Eugene church leader arrested on child pornography charges
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges
- Former Eugene church leader faces new sex abuse charges
- Oregon man pleads not guilty to child pornography charges
- Former Oregon teacher imprisoned for child pornography
- Texas man gets 35 years in 8-state child pornography scheme
- Eugene man arrested on charges of extortion
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect