EUGENE, Ore. – The city of Eugene is bringing art to one of its parking garages in the form of poetry.
The city has unveiled the winners of its “Step into Poetry” competition. Poets were encouraged to submit pieces about Eugene.
The city got 90 entrees from 56 poets, and officials picked nine of them to install in the garages.
The poems will be features on a plaque and hung in the downtown Overpark parking garage.
Each poem has an augmented-reality code that allows smartphone users to see 3D renderings of the poems and listen to an audio recording voiced by the poet.
- Eugene decorates parking garages with poems
- Garage fire displaces Eugene family
- Suspicious device found near Eugene parking garage deemed safe
- Garage sale proceeds go to Eugene shelter
- Eugene conducting parking survey
- 2nd suicide at Eugene parking garage sheds light on need for prevention
- Create festive holiday decor with everyday materials
- Park in Southwest Eugene officially opens
- Eugene Airport opens new economy parking lot
- Designs for Eugene's Riverfront Park revealed