UPDATE: Electrical fire displaces family

The Fire Marshal determined it was an accidental electrical fire.

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 10:07 AM
Updated: Dec 8, 2018 9:13 PM

EUGENE, Ore. -- A family has been displaced after an electrical fire started in their basement late Friday night.

The Fire Marshal said there was no working smoke alarms in the house. He said this is a good reminder for people to occasionally check their alarms to make sure they're working in case of a fire. 

Fire crews responded to the fire around 10:00 p.m. near 11th and Monroe in Eugene. 

Officials said a man woke up to smoke filling his home. Fire crews said they were able to put the fire out quickly, but there was some damage caused.

The family should be able to move back into the home within the next few days.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Cases: 72506

Reported Deaths: 896
CountyCasesDeaths
Multnomah16587234
Washington1013599
Marion9082139
Clackamas602377
Umatilla432549
Lane425042
Jackson376830
Malheur238742
Deschutes229115
Yamhill169616
Linn139222
Polk121416
Douglas92118
Klamath8444
Jefferson81411
Benton7847
Union7796
Morrow6547
Lincoln61615
Wasco52419
Josephine5234
Columbia4883
Coos4213
Hood River3961
Clatsop3590
Baker2783
Crook2196
Grant1341
Curry1332
Tillamook1260
Lake1241
Harney991
Wallowa713
Gilliam230
Sherman230
Wheeler30
Unassigned00
Eugene
Overcast
40° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 40°
Corvallis
Overcast
40° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 40°
Roseburg
Overcast
35° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 31°
Feels Like: 35°
North Bend
Clear
38° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 34°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events