EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene man is pleading for help after he and his three kids were injured in a crash Wednesday in Marion County.
Daniel Cuevas, the father of the children said he remembers car parts inside of the car, his kids screaming and the crippling fear of losing one of them immediately after the crash.
Cuevas said he and his family, including his 10 and 13-year-old sons and 15-year-old daughter, were on their way to Portland International Airport to drop them off for a flight to Hawaii. He said his kids had a flight booked to Hawaii to attend school there.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office said a truck was trying to pass a long line of traffic when it hit their SUV.
All six people in the car were injured, Cuevas said.
He said his 15-year-old daughter was critically injured and his 13-year-old son is fighting for his life.
"My kids are great kids,” Cuevas said. “I just want people to know that they're fighters and they're trying to pull through this. They're really little. I wish it was me. I really do. I wish it was me.”
Cuevas said his children will need multiple surgeries.
To donate to the family, you can visit this Go Fund Me page.
- Eugene father: 'I just want to hug my kids and for them to hug me back'
- South Eugene brings back The Laramie Project
- Eugene veteran continues to give back
- Springfield girl sues father for backing over her with lawnmower
- 25th annual Festival of Trees is back in Eugene
- North Eugene ninth-graders give back during Day of Caring
- Mountain Rose Herbs plans Take Back Recycling event in Eugene
- Eugene Police Department shares back-to-school biking tips
- NextStep Recycling cutting back its hours in Eugene
- Crash backs up traffic on I-105 in Eugene