Crews put out fire at Eugene home

Several pieces of equipment were used to fight the fire.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 3:38 PM
Updated: Apr 1, 2021 5:24 PM

EUGENE, Ore. – A Eugene home caught fire Thursday afternoon, and crews worked hard to put the flames out.

Firefighters responded to the 3200 block of Michael Lane at about 3 p.m.

The fire was in the attic and the second floor, and several pieces of equipment were used to fight the blaze.

"So I walked over here and saw flames coming out of this house and it freaked me out because it scares me that flames can just come out of a house like that," said neighbor Carla Wysocki.

A man and dog that were inside the home made it out safe.

The home suffered significant water and fire damage. The roof had started to collapse in places, authorities added.

Stay with KEZI for the latest.

Eugene
Cloudy
61° wxIcon
Hi: 66° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 61°
Corvallis
Cloudy
59° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 59°
Roseburg
Cloudy
60° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 60°
North Bend
Cloudy
59° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 59°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events