Photo Gallery 6 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Over the span of a few months, a Eugene homeowner says there have been three water main breaks on his property, and he says he's frustrated.
Zach Erdmann lives on the 1600 block of Crest Drive. He said the first water main break happened on Mother’s Day, the second happened on Father’s Day and the most recent one happened last Friday.
Erdmann said the water main breaks have caused flooding, standing water on the property and concern over potential structural damages.
"I don't really have faith that it's not going to happen again, and the Band-Aid over what appears to be a defective pipe is frustrating for us," Erdmann said.
He said he doesn’t feel the Eugene Water & Electric Board is doing enough to address the problem.
EWEB spokesman Joe Harwood said it's unusual for this to happen, and they don't know what caused it.
He said EWEB is planning on replacing the water main next year.
- Eugene man upset by water main breaks on his property
- Water main break causes traffic restrictions in Eugene
- Water main breaks not uncommon, officials say
- Official: SUB won't pay for damages after water main break
- Streets flood, power outages after Portland water main break
- Water main break leads to contamination concerns at retirement community
- Eugene neighborhood upset over offensive graffiti
- Residents upset over homeless presence on their properties
- Second water main leaks in Thurston neighborhood
- Property owners mull Eugene smoking ban participation