EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene man is in the Lane County Jail after police responded to a report of menacing at the Nite Inn.
Reports indicated that a firearm was involved in the situation on Tuesday, but the suspect had left the scene by the time police responded.
Jon Michael, 49, allegedly returned to the Nite Inn the following day.
On Thursday, the Eugene Police Department Street Crimes Unit, SWAT, Special Investigations and Property Crimes contacted Michael at about 10 a.m. and took him into custody.
Michael was taken to the Lane County Jail and charged with menacing and unlawful use of a weapon.
Police said following further investigation, Michael also faces charges of coercion, hit-and-run with injury, delivery and possession of heroin and methamphetamine.
- Eugene man arrested at Nite Inn on menacing charges and more
- Shotgun-wielding Eugene man charged with menacing
- Eugene man arrested on charges of extortion
- Eugene police arrest wanted man
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- Eugene-Springfield paramedic arrested on rape charges
- Man facing new charges in Eugene shooting
- Eugene man charged with child sexual abuse
- Crews break ground on Coburg Inn
- Valley River Inn under new ownership