EUGENE, Ore. – Police arrested a Eugene man on charges of theft by extortion.
They said a woman found a threatening note on her car on Valentine's Day. The car was parked in a secure location at The Hub apartment complex on East Broadway. The victim told police she found a note underneath the windshield wiper of her car.
Police said the note included directions to deliver a large amount of money at a specific time to mailboxes at 1255 Mill Street. The note also included threats regarding what would happen if the directions were not followed. Police said a sketch was included showing a specific location where the envelope filled with money should be left.
Police responded to the location using the victim's car and left an envelope at the location.
A short time later, the suspect, Dylan Ray Browning, was seen taking the envelope, according to police. Browning, 21, was arrested and taken to the Lane County Jail on charges of theft by extortion.
- Eugene man arrested on charges of extortion
- Springfield police arrest Eugene man on sex abuse charges
- Man facing new charges in Eugene shooting
- Man arrested after stabbing in Eugene
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Eugene church leader arrested on child pornography charges
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- Two teens charged in murder of Eugene man
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges