EUGENE, Ore. – A Eugene man accused of child neglect after a boy in his care ate candy laced with drugs has been sentenced.
Gary Baughman was ordered to spend 50 days in jail on Friday.
Police said the child ended up in the hospital after eating Xanax-laced candy in November.
A change-of-plea and sentencing hearing is scheduled for the child’s mother, Nicole Fetters, on Tuesday.
- Eugene man sentenced after boy ate drugged candy
- Mother sentenced after 2-year-old son ate Xanax-laced candy
- Candy Cane Lane returns to Eugene this holiday season
- Man sentenced for sex abuse outside South Eugene High School
- Man sentenced for setting fire to Eugene field
- Man sentenced to 15 years for Eugene crime spree
- Lions Club in Corvallis selling See's Candy at new location
- Boy hit by car in west Eugene
- Virginia man's bike stolen at Eugene Safeway
- Joy Church has candy dropping out of the sky