EUGENE, Ore. -- A second-grader at Irving Elementary School, 3200 Hyacinth St., died Thursday morning, school officials confirmed.
The cause of death has not yet been determined.
Bethel school officials say support teams were in the school Thursday morning and will remain on hand Friday.
Pat McGillivray, Bethel School District spokesman, said the child had gone home from school earlier this week due to illness. He said parents and families have been notified of the death.
Jason Davis, spokesman for Lane County Public Health, said his office had not received any reports of the child's death. He said if the death is determined to be the result of a communicable disease, the department will notifiy the community.
- Eugene second-grader dies; cause unknown
- North Eugene ninth-graders give back during Day of Caring
- Crews say cause of large fire in north Eugene is unknown
- Eugene wildland firefighter dies after contracting pneumonia
- Pedestrian hit in Eugene crash dies
- Unknown SUV causes fatal crash near Albany, deputies say
- Second grader in Lebanon diagnosed with meningococcal disease
- Eugene woman dies in accident on Mt. Bachelor