EUGENE, Ore. -- One Eugene woman was startled last week when she found a drone hovering outside her bedroom window.
Her father, Earl Dickson, has spoken out in hopes of preventing this type of invasion of privacy from happening to anyone else.
“I think that the invasion leads to almost anything,” Dickson said. “You don’t know if they’re spying on you or looking through your windows. With my daughter, there’s lots of other single women around that I think it poses a threat. They dont know what's happening.”
Dickson’s daughter is a mother of three young children and he said that his daughter looked out her window and spotted a drone hovering over her head. She went outside, and the drone quickly flew away. As a father and grandfather, this incident did not sit well with him.
“My daughter felt really kind of exposed,” Dickson said. “It made me a little irritated and a little angry that even in your own home you have a drone that can look through your windows. It makes you feel a little insecure because you don’t know what they are going to do.”
Dickson did reach out to police and was told to call immediately if a similar incident happens again.
According to the city of Eugene, there are regulations in place regarding the flying of a drone.
It must be registered with the Federal Aviation Administration and labeled appropriately. One can only fly the drone at or below 400 feet. You cannot fly over groups of people or crowds.
Further information can be found on the city of Eugene’s website by clicking here.
- Eugene woman finds drone hovering outside bedroom window
- Oregon couple finds burglar asleep on bedroom floor
- Eugene barber shop frustrated over broken windows
- Exploding drone battery causes major damage to Eugene home
- Eye in the sky: Meet Eugene police's drone fleet
- Police shoot Amity man suspected of sneaking into bedroom
- Deputies: Woman broke van window, threatened man with ax
- Woman jumps from window to escape apartment fire in Lebanon
- Explosion severely injures Eugene woman
- Missing Eugene woman found alive