SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- More evacuation levels have been lowered in connection with the Holiday Farm Fire.
On Wednesday, Lane County officials announced residents along Highway 126 from Camp Creek Road to the east side of Holden Creek Road -- including Deerhorn -- has been reduced to Level 2 Be Set.
Level 3 remains in place for those along Highway 126 from milepost 19 to milepost 47.
Another area has also been downgraded. Officials said the east side of the Mohawk Valley is also now at Level 2. It applies for those east of the Mohawk River. This means the entire Mohawk Valley Level 2 except for areas that have already been reduced to Level 1.
Residents who return to the newly downgraded areas must demonstrate their residential address. Below is important road information:
- Roads are open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. to confirmed residents traveling to and from their residences only.
- Roads are closed from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. to all non-fire related traffic.
- Roads may close to all traffic at any time if unsafe conditions are identified.
There is still significant firefighting activity in the area, and it's critical to avoid interfering with those efforts.
Residents returning should be aware that fire danger remains and be ready to evacuate at a moment's notice. Emergency responders may not have time to provide you with additional notice if danger increases.
Below are the current evacuation levels:
- LEVEL 3: East of Holden Creek Road at milepost 19 along Highway 126 to milepost 47, including all roads to the north and south of the highway (East and West King Road, Caddis Lane, Mill Creek north of the highway and McKenzie River Drive west of the Community Center.)
- LEVEL 2: McKenzie River Drive east of the Community Center.
- LEVEL 2: Highway 126 east of Harbick's Inn at milepost 47.
- LEVEL 2: Residents from the McKenzie Bridge Campground to the junction of Highway 126 and Highway 20.
- LEVEL 2: All residents in the Mohawk Valley, including those east of the Mohawk River, except for areas where residents are already in Level 1.
- LEVEL 2: Residents along Highway 126 east of Camp Creek Road to the east side of Holden Creek Road just past milepost 19 and along Deerhorn Road.
- LEVEL 1: Mohawk Valley west of Marcola Road south of the intersection with Hill Road.
- LEVEL 1: Fall Creek, Winberry, and Lowell areas north from Hills Creek to Signal Point Boat Ramp.
- LEVEL 1: All residents south of Main Street and east of Bob Straub Parkway.