PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A former Tigard High School teacher and coach admitted to repeatedly sexually abusing a student and was sentenced to two years in prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 41-year-old Marcus D. Jolley pleaded guilty in Washington County Circuit Court to second-degree sexual abuse and was sentenced Thursday.
He admitted to sexual contact with a student near the high school and in a church parking lot between July 2005 and December 2005.
Additional allegations of abuse of that student and a second girl in 2016 were dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
A judge also ordered Jolley to serve five years of post-prison supervision, register as a sex offender and have no contact with schools or children.
Court documents say an investigation began in 2017 after a high school senior reported abuse by Jolley the previous summer.
- Ex-teacher gets prison for repeated sexual abuse of student
- Ex-Tigard teacher accused of sexually abusing 2 students
- Cottage Grove teacher arrested for alleged sex abuse of student
- Former teacher sentenced for sex abuse involving student
- Oregon man who sexually abused orphaned children gets life in prison
- Taekwondo instructor accused of sexually abusing children
- Classroom volunteer accused of sexually abusing kindergartner
- Man sentenced for sexually abusing Oregon girl
- Winston man accused of child sexual abuse
- Quran instructor sentenced for sexually abusing children