MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - A former Medford youth pastor who was punched in the face midway through a court hearing has been sentenced to more than 15 years in prison on a sex abuse charge.
The Mail Tribune reports U.S. District Court Judge Anne Aiken ruled Thursday that Donald Courtney Biggs be considered a "repeat and dangerous sex offender" for secretly recording dozens of young women and juvenile girls undressing in bathrooms at multiple church events between at least March 2013 through September of 2014.
Biggs was punched Wednesday at U.S. District Court in Medford after admitting earlier this year to taking a 14-year-old girl on a church trip to Southern California with the intent to film her exiting the shower. The assailant, who was not identified, was arrested on multiple charges, including fourth-degree assault and disorderly conduct
Biggs pleaded guilty in February to one felony count of transporting with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. As part of a plea deal, nine other transportation and child pornography charges were dropped.
- Ex-youth pastor sentenced to 15 years on sex abuse charge
- Ex-youth pastor attacked during sentencing on sex abuse plea
- Former Oregon youth coach sentenced to prison for sex abuse
- Central Oregon jury convicts Gresham pastor of sex abuse
- Philomath man involved in several youth activities faces sex abuse charges
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Former Oregon youth pastor to stand trial this month