Extension cord malfunction sparks fire in Coos Bay, officials say

In total, the damage is estimated at $1,500.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 4:58 PM

COOS BAY, Ore. -- No one was injured in a fire in Coos Bay Wednesday afternoon.

Fire officials said they responded to an electrical fire in a garage in the 63000 block of Fruitdale Road at about 2:15 p.m.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the corner of the garage. They made sure the home was clear and extinguished the fire, checking to make sure it hadn’t spread.

In total, the damage is estimated at $1,500.

Officials said an extension cord malfunctioned along the side of the garage, causing the fire.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 11188

Reported Deaths: 230
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah269472
Marion174353
Washington172020
Clackamas91427
Umatilla8867
Union3671
Lincoln3634
Lane2713
Malheur2661
Deschutes2290
Yamhill1719
Linn16810
Polk16812
Jackson1640
Jefferson1450
Morrow1321
Klamath1311
Wasco1021
Benton996
Hood River990
Douglas560
Clatsop550
Josephine541
Coos520
Columbia470
Lake240
Crook171
Tillamook150
Wallowa120
Curry90
Baker80
Sherman30
Harney20
Gilliam10
Grant10
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Overcast
56° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 56°
Corvallis
Scattered Clouds
57° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 57°
Roseburg
Clear
57° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 57°
North Bend
Overcast
59° wxIcon
Hi: 67° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 59°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events