Photo Gallery 2 Images
Eugene, Ore.--The Lane County Marine Patrol has issued a warning on the McKenzie River.
Three trees have fallen across the river about a half a mile downstream of the Deer Creek Road bridge. This is on the McKenzie River between Blue Pool and Belknap. Four boat ramps in the area are closed and warnings are posted.
KEZI 9 News spoke with Lane County Marine Patrol. Officials told us that McKenize River Guides is spearheading the effort to remove the trees and the massive root wad. McKenzie River Guides is working with Willamette National Forest, Army Corps of Engineers and Lane County Marine Patrol to remove the hazard, but no date has been set yet.
- Toppled trees block section of McKenzie River
- Deputies warn boaters of tree blocking McKenzie River
- Man rescued from McKenzie River
- Marine Patrol warns of tree obstruction on McKenzie River
- McKenzie River reopens after oil spill
- McKenzie River reopens following oil spill
- Firefighters rescue young kayakers in McKenzie River
- Woman's body found in car pulled out of McKenzie River
- Boat ramps closed after oil spill in McKenzie River
- Fishermen share concerns about trout in McKenzie River