ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Douglas County families flocked to the Roseburg Women Infants and Children’s offices for their monthly Nutrition Adventures group.
The group allows parents and kids ages five and under to come down to their offices and learn more about healthy living.
This month’s event also featured dental screenings and a planting class for the kids.
WIC Program Coordinator Judy Cheek said families get several other benefits from attending these groups as well.
“Nutrition education, meeting other families and other children, the fun activities, and they also receive their WIC benefits as a result of coming to the groups,” said Cheek.
If you’re interested in joining WIC and would like to attend one of these events, the WIC offices in Roseburg will hold their next Nutrition Adventures group July 10 from 1:15 to 4 p.m.
- Roseburg WIC holds monthly Nutrition Adventures group
- Roseburg Goodwill holds job fair
- Roseburg BLM holds an open house for Swiftwater Park
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- New Eugene travel guide inspires bucket list adventures
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Roseburg plans road construction projects
- DeFazio tours Roseburg VA campus
- Human remains found in Roseburg