CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The most productive place for solar farms is farmland, according to a new study from the Oregon State University.
Researchers said they found if less than 1% of agricultural land was converted to solar panels, it would fulfill the global electric energy demand.
The concept of combining solar power and agriculture on the same land is called agrivoltaics.
Researchers also found it could increase crop yields.
- Farmland best place for solar farms, OSU study says
- OSU study supports required physical activity classes
- Appeals court agrees Jackson County erred in solar farm approval
- Eating placentas is safe for babies, OSU study finds
- Construction resumes on OSU facility
- Former OSU wrestling coach suing school
- OSU faces Marist after loss to LBSU
- Safeway offers meningococcal vaccines for OSU students
- OSU torches Arizona with balanced offense
- OSU receives multi-million dollar donation