UPDATE: Highway 101 is now open near Hauser after the road was closed following a fatal crash Tuesday afternoon.
Officials said the highway was closed for about three hours after the two-vehicle crash.
HAUSER, Ore. – Police and emergency responders are on the scene of a fatal crash that has shut down Highway 101.
The two-vehicle crash happened Tuesday afternoon near the town of Hauser, about five miles north of North Bend, between North Bay Road and Kelso Lane.
The highway is expected to be closed for a lengthy period of time for an investigation.
A detour is in place and drivers should use alternate routes.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Highway 101 reopens after fatal crash in Coos County
- Reedsport woman dies in crash on Highway 101 in Coos County
- UPDATE: Highway 99W open following fatal crash
- Highway 99W near Monmouth reopened after fatal crash
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Two die in crash on Highway 101 near North Bend
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man
- Highway 22 may reopen Friday
- Police investigating fatal crash on Highway 26 in Washington County