WALTERVILLE, Ore. -- Oregon State Police have identified the driver killed in a three-vehicle crash Wednesday afternoon which closed down Highway 126 about two miles west of Walterville.
Guido Villena, 86, of Springfield died in the crash. Matthew Peacock, 29, of Springfield and Jason Miller, 29, of Arizona sustained minor injuries.
Police said the crash happened around 2:20 p.m. when Villena was attempting to turn left in a 2007 Lexus G35 onto the highway from Deerhorn Road. Villena pulled into the path of the 2014 Isuzu sanitation truck driven by Peacock . Villena's car slammed into Peacock's vehicle, pushing them into the westbound lanes.
Miller was traveling westbound on the highway in a 2015 Jeep Cherokee, and the two vehicles collided with the Jeep.
- Police identify driver killed in Highway 126 crash west of Walterville
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Highway 126 closed after multiple collisions
- Highway 126 back open after propane truck crash
- Crashes cause delays on Highway 126 in Springfield
- Couple faces charges after crash on Highway 126
- Springfield woman dies after crash on Highway 126
- One killed, four injured in crash on Highway 126 near Fern Ridge
- Wreck on Hwy. 126 closes highway, injures 3