SEVERE WX : Winter Storm Warning - Winter Weather Advisory View Alerts

Fire burns deck of Lebanon home

A neighbor saw smoke and used a garden hose until firefighters arrived.

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 12:05 AM

LEBANON, Ore. – A deck fire in Lebanon has caused thousands of dollars in damage.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 100 block of Bromil Street around 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

Crews said a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the deck of the home and started fighting it with a garden house. The neighbor was able to alert the people in the home to the fire.

Firefighters were able to completely put the fire out when they arrived by removing smoldering decking and siding. They said the fire did not spread to the rest of the home.

They said it was caused by improperly discarded ashes from a metal fire pit on the deck.

No one was hurt. The fire caused an estimated $4,000 in damage.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Cases: 154062

Reported Deaths: 2194
CountyCasesDeaths
Multnomah31723527
Washington21001211
Marion18279284
Clackamas13289175
Lane10127124
Jackson8224110
Umatilla761481
Deschutes592258
Yamhill374564
Linn354956
Malheur333958
Polk301642
Klamath276854
Douglas240252
Benton230316
Josephine230349
Jefferson194127
Coos140119
Union127119
Columbia124121
Wasco121926
Lincoln112520
Hood River106129
Morrow104114
Crook77918
Clatsop7766
Baker6467
Curry4116
Tillamook4092
Lake3746
Harney2716
Grant2221
Wallowa1424
Gilliam531
Sherman530
Wheeler221
Unassigned00
Eugene
Cloudy
48° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 35°
Feels Like: 42°
Corvallis
Cloudy
46° wxIcon
Hi: 46° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 38°
Roseburg
Cloudy
49° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 47°
North Bend
Cloudy
50° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 50°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events