Fire burns deck of Lebanon home

A neighbor saw smoke and used a garden hose until firefighters arrived.

Posted: Apr. 20, 2018 12:05 AM

LEBANON, Ore. – A deck fire in Lebanon has caused thousands of dollars in damage.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 100 block of Bromil Street around 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

Crews said a neighbor noticed smoke coming from the deck of the home and started fighting it with a garden house. The neighbor was able to alert the people in the home to the fire.

Firefighters were able to completely put the fire out when they arrived by removing smoldering decking and siding. They said the fire did not spread to the rest of the home.

They said it was caused by improperly discarded ashes from a metal fire pit on the deck.

No one was hurt. The fire caused an estimated $4,000 in damage.

Article Comments

Eugene
Clear
48° wxIcon
Hi: 70° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: °
Corvallis
Clear
47° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 47°
Roseburg
Clear
50° wxIcon
Hi: 73° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 50°
North Bend
Clear
47° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 44°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events

 

 

 

Ask the Banker 

  Enter Contests