STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Fire crews put out RV fire in Sweet Home

Officials said the fire started after a cigarette butt was left on the bed in the RV.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 9:23 AM

SWEET HOME, Ore. – A cigarette butt sparked a fire in an RV Friday evening and officials said it caused extensive damage.

Crews responded to the fire around 6 p.m. Officials said the RV was parked in a lot near a business and a few homes.

Officials said no one was in the RV at the time of the fire, so crews had to break a window and force their way through the locked door to extinguish the fire.

Officials said the fire started after a cigarette butt was left on the bed in the RV. The fire caused extensive heat and smoke damage.

Oregon Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 32581

Reported Deaths: 542
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Multnomah7113137
Marion465894
Washington449760
Umatilla296241
Clackamas239861
Malheur161723
Lane118517
Jackson11395
Deschutes82512
Yamhill75713
Jefferson5298
Polk52915
Linn51913
Morrow4986
Lincoln48113
Union4462
Benton3106
Wasco2893
Klamath2802
Hood River2510
Douglas2274
Clatsop2040
Josephine1982
Columbia1651
Coos1560
Baker942
Crook621
Tillamook520
Lake320
Curry310
Wallowa301
Sherman180
Harney120
Grant90
Gilliam80
Unassigned00
Wheeler00
Eugene
Clear
73° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 73°
Corvallis
Clear
74° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 74°
Roseburg
Clear
77° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 78°
North Bend
Clear
67° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 67°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events