SEVERE WX : High Wind Warning - High Surf Warning View Alerts

Fire crews put out RV fire in Sweet Home

Officials said the fire started after a cigarette butt was left on the bed in the RV.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 9:23 AM

SWEET HOME, Ore. – A cigarette butt sparked a fire in an RV Friday evening and officials said it caused extensive damage.

Crews responded to the fire around 6 p.m. Officials said the RV was parked in a lot near a business and a few homes.

Officials said no one was in the RV at the time of the fire, so crews had to break a window and force their way through the locked door to extinguish the fire.

Officials said the fire started after a cigarette butt was left on the bed in the RV. The fire caused extensive heat and smoke damage.

Eugene
Mostly Cloudy
52° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 52°
Corvallis
Cloudy
51° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 51°
Roseburg
Cloudy
52° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 52°
North Bend
Mostly Cloudy
56° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 56°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events